KELOWNA, BC – May 28, 2018 – ProSmart Enterprises Inc. (TSXV:PROS) (“ProSmart” or the “Company”), a global online network, connecting sports fans, teams and brands, announces changes to its Board of Directors (the “Board”). Parminder Singh has joined the Board effective May 28, 2018, replacing Myles McGovern who has resigned effective May 28, 2018.
Parminder has more than 25 years of technical, operations, international business, and management experience in public and private corporations. He has worked in variety of senior management roles in different sized organizations that span from undercapitalized start-ups to Fortune 100 multinational corporations. His background includes hands-on industry experience in software development, product development, online e-commerce & web services, intellectual property, innovation sourcing and video gaming, medical devices, advertising, & brand development. Parminder’s extensive background and exposure to a variety of different industries and his global relationships will be highly beneficial in steering the growth of ProSmart.
Parminder is currently the CEO of the Taal Consulting Group, Inc (“Taal”). Taal is a boutique business consulting firm that specializes in helping companies (big, small, public and private) grow and create value by transforming nascent technologies into commercially viable products and services, and by helping them scale their offerings to global markets through strategic partnerships. Parminder’s background and experience includes:
- Established relationships with Fortune 500 corporations, governments, universities and financial institutions around the world.
- Consummated hundreds of business deals with entities around the world.
- CEO of LifeLens Technologies LLC. A US based medical device company that is commercializing a patch-based, personal wearable device that utilizes big data and AI to cross-correlates aspect of a user’s health, movement and environmental influences.
- President of Intellectual Ventures Canada, part of a $5.5B private equity fund focused on intellectual property and early-stage technologies in IT, physical science and life sciences.
- Founder and CEO of three start-ups — 1) Evenio Media, which created an award-winning multimedia content publishing and management software platform, MediaSlate; 2) 5th Link Software, which created a platform called Visual Link SoftwareTM; and 3) Singhma Systems, a product prototyping design firm.
- 6 years in various senior roles at Microsoft including Managing Director of the Microsoft Canada Development Centre and Director of International Business Strategy, Xbox 360 & Next Generation Products.
- VP, Worldwide Development for Ensequence, a company that developed a suite of software tools to be used in the Interactive Television industry.
- 12 years’ experience in the satellite and communications space with Telesat, Motorola, Teledesic and FreeInternet Networks.
- Chairman, Board Member or Advisor to ME Resources, AxioSonic, URLive, Interface Health Society, Cross Pacific Capital Partners and AON3D.
Parminder is a Professional Engineer (Electrical/Computer Engineering) and a registered member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia. He is also an amateur athlete, who has competed in basketball, badminton, track and soccer at the provincial and national levels. Parminder lives in Surrey, British Columbia Canada.
Says Alan Schuler, CEO and co-Founder of ProSmart, “We wish to thank Myles for his strong contributions to ProSmart over the past year. He was extremely valuable in helping us manage our way through the public market transaction, raising funds and encouraging a more disciplined approach to managing growth. We are excited that Parminder is joining the company. He has an impressive, incredibly diverse background that will help us penetrate the $1.3 trillion global sports industry 1. He has a thorough understanding of all aspects of business for both start-ups and large established companies, which will serve us well at all stages of growth.”
1 “Sports Industry Statistics and Market Size” Plunkett Research, 2016.
On behalf of ProSmart Enterprises Inc.
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
About ProSmart Enterprises Inc.
ProSmart Enterprises Inc. (TSX-V:PROS) is the parent company of SportgoTM, a global online network connecting sports fans, teams and brands and is an emerging leader in sports content marketing through online tools and mobile apps. SportgoTM works with over 1,500 governing bodies in more than 100 countries and provides unprecedented access to the $1.3 trillion sports market through its proprietary Marketplace Engine. SportgoTM is also the first-and-only online network to provide educational content created exclusively by hall-of-fame and professional athletes, which has been a key driver in user growth.
For more information on ProSmart and SportgoTM, please visit the following links:
Investors can stay connected with ProSmart by following on:
LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/company/prosmartsports/
CrunchBase — https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/prosmart-s…
AngelList — https://angel.co/prosmart-sports-development
For further information please contact:
The shares of ProSmart Enterprises Inc. trade publicly on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol TSXV:PROS.
“Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.”
Forward-looking Statements: Certain statements in this press release are “forward-looking statements” which reflect the Company’s current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that it believes might affect its financial condition, results of operations, business strategy and financial needs. In some cases, these forward-looking statements can be identified by words or phrases such as “may”, “might”, “will”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “intend”, “plan”, “indicate”, “seek”, “believe”, “estimates”, “predicts” or “likely”, or the negative of these terms, or other similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements. Whether actual results, performance or achievements will conform to the Company’s expectations and predictions is subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors, including without limitation, those risks and uncertainties discussed elsewhere on the website at www.prosmartinc.com and in the Company’s filings on SEDAR. Investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The forward-looking information contained herein is made as of the date hereof and is not obligated to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws.